Driver ID Scheme.
ABP Hams Hall operates a mandatory driver ID scheme. No containers can be delivered or released without an ID card.
- Only haulage companies that have been approved by our customers may register drivers. Please contact your customer/container operator to obtain this approval. Haulage companies will need to provide contact details for their driver administration.
- Once approved the haulier will be contacted. They can then provide our Card Admin Team driver details, including full name and driving licence number.
- Driver enrolment PINs will be issued to the haulage company administrator.
- Drivers will then need to come to site to enrol on the Driver ID scheme bringing two forms of ID including their photo driving licence and their enrolment PIN.
- Drivers issued with cards who change haulage companies will need to be "adopted" by the new company. This is done by the haulage company administrator emailing our Card Admin Team.
To see the approved list click here: Approved Hauliers
NOTE: Registration must be completed before a driver can be enrolled
To register and enrol your drivers please follow the steps below:
1. Download the driver registration template from the following link Hams Hall Driver Template.xls and complete all details in the spreadsheet. Please Note: The driver(s) forename, middle name and surname must match the name on their Drivers Licence.
2. The completed spreadsheet must be returned to the Hams Hall Card Admin Team at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ONLY accept email responses from the agreed haulier administration contact. The driver(s) PIN will be sent back to the authorised haulier administration contact.
3. Drivers can ONLY be registered from Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 16:30.(Excluding Bank Holidays) Please Note: Once registered you must allow up to 90 minutes for return of PINs
4. HHCardAdmin@abports.co.uk will issue the authorised haulier administrator an enrolment PIN for each driver so they can obtain a card. Please Note: PINs will be issued ONLY during the hours listed above and a driver should ONLY be issued their individual pin. Do not send drivers to the terminal unless they have recieved a PIN.
Enrolment (Issue of Cards)
1. Drivers can enrol for their new ID card at the terminal once they have had their PIN issued during the hours of 09:00 - 17:00 on Monday to Friday. Extended enrolment Monday to Friday between the hours of 17:00 - 22:00 is available by prior appointment only.
2. Drivers MUST arrive at the terminal with the PIN and their Photo Driving Licence plus a second form form of ID such as Passport/ Bank Card/ Rhides Card. Please Note: NO ID & NO PIN= NO Card = NO Container
3. A photo of the driver and a finger print will be taken during enrolment. The biometric finger token will be saved onto the card and the card issued to the driver.
If you have any questions or are uncertain about what to do- please contact the HH Card Admin Team between 09:00- 17:00 Monday to Friday on 023 80488 848 or email email@example.com
- To download a copy of the haulage company admin process click link below
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Driver issued with a card used to drive for another haulier but now drives for us.
Answer: We will need an email from your admin team to let us know the driver is now driving for you and we will update our records accordingly. We call this process adoption.
2. What do we do when a driver leaves a haulage company?
Answer: Please let us know as soon as possible by emailing the card admin team and we will update our records to remove the driver from the haulage company.
3. Driver has arrived at terminal but his ID card is being refused.
- Answer 1: A driver has not used his card within the last 9 months. The card will be disabled and we will need to see the two forms of ID again to reinstate the card.
4. Driver has lost their card.
Answer: Please notify the terminal or the ABP Card Admin Team as soon as possible so the card can be disabled. To obtain a replacement card the approved haulage company administration contact must email the ABP Card Admin Team to request a replacement. Once the request has been processed the driver will need to re-enrol at the terminal for a replacement card to be produced. Please note that there is a £20.00 replacement card cost.
5. What Identification do we require to enrol?
Answer: Photo Driving Licence plus a second form form of ID such as Passport/ Bank Card/ Rhides Card.